Fort III, Borsbeek
Dystopia festival is held at one the 19th century fortresses that surround the city of Antwerp. A beautiful location with a rich history which goes back to mid 19th century. Next to the fortress is an airstrip for small- and military planes. The ideal location for an electronic music festival!
Fort 3 was the first step in building the defense line around Antwerp. Around 1860 Borsbeek was chosen as the first location for a military fortress. It is the only fortress that has been built according to the original designs with the strategy of firing at the enemy at close range. This strategy got outdated fast and was changed building the other fortresses.
Close to the city of Antwerp
Borsbeek is a town not far from the wonderful city of Antwerp. City of diamonds.
When you decide to book the hotel deal- which we can strongly recommend- you will be staying in the city of Antwerp.
Take a look at our hotel deal:
How to get there
Frans Beirenslaan – 2150 Borsbeek – Belgium
You can reach Dystopia by car, by bike, by foot, public transportation and taxi.
Please note that the site of Fort 3 will be car free on the day of the festival!
• Coming from Breda E19: follow Antwerpen Oost > E313/E34 > exit 18 R11 Mortsel > follow signs to Dystopia
• Coming from Turnhout/Hasselt E313/E34: exit 18 R11 Mortsel > Autolei > follow signs to Dystopia
• Coming from Brussels E19: afrit 6 richting R11 Mortsel > Vredebaan > Antwerpsestraat > Liersesteenweg N10 > Borsbeeksesteenweg > follow signs to Dystopia
• Coming from Ghent E17: E313/E34 > exit 18 R11 Mortsel > follow signs to Dystopia
Parking is situated near the festival site at Verlengde Schanslaan and accessible at € 5 per vehicle. We advise everyone to use this parking lot to avoid fines and being towed!
We’ll provide plenty of storage for bicycles and mopeds. This bike parking will be clearly indicated.
Dystopia is easy accessible by busline 20 or 141 (stop Borsbeek Dorp or Borsbeek Kerkhof) and a 5 minute walk from there on.
Dystopia Festival is cooperating with Gele Taxi (translated: yellow cab). From 7 people on (with the same debarkation and boarding point) you can take a cab for € 5 per person per route within 35 kilometers. So you can take a cab from the festival site to the after party at Café d’Anvers for €5 per person.
– Taxi Sinjoor: 03/830 46 56
– A-Taxi: 03/283 83 93
– DTM: 03/366 66 66
– TSA Taxi: 03/636 36 39
– YSS Taxi: 03/411 11 16
– Deurnese Taxi: 03/366 66 66